Monday, April 26, 2010

Decision Making Models

Brian Sundberg
One decision making model that I found is called the rational decision making model. The steps to it include, define the situation/decision to be made, identify the important criteria for the process and the result, consider all possible solutions, calculate the consequences of these solutions versus the likelihood of satisfying the criteria, and choose the best option. The other decision making model that I found is called the 5-Step Decision Making Model. The steps to it include, state the problem, identify alternatives, evaluate the alternatives, make a decision, and implement your decision.
All four decision making are similar but they are also unique in their own way. They all encourage you to think over all of your possibilities and make sure you pick the right one. Since both the G.R.E.A.T. Decision Making Model and the 5-Step Decision Making Model are so similar I think both are equally as effective. They both require you to lay-out all of your choices and think them all over, and pick the choice that is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment